Account Manager Food & Beverage Germany Central/West - Sugar & Starch (m/f/d)
(Jn 98695) / City of occupation: Home-Office in the region
As one of the worldwide leading sugar & starch producers, the company has a unique position being capable to supply both: sugar&starch from one source. Through this approach and with a sales office in Southern Germany and an account sales structure covering Germany, the company has established a strong market position in sugar and especially in starch. To strengthen the sales structure in a long-term growth strategy, the company now is looking for an Account Manager F&B Germany Central/West (m/f/d). The product scope will be all F&B markets, aqua feed and pet food, concentrating on Rhineland-Palatinate, North Rhine Westphalia, Hesse and Saarland. In addition, the future position holder could take the responsibility for customers in Switzerland.
Your future role
The position holder will directly report to the Sales Director Germany&NE Europe. The candidate we are looking for strategically and operationally will manage sales and marketing of the defined product range towards the clients of the designed area and his/her customer portfolio (app. 40 active key-customers at present). The back-office and project management functions are based in the German sales office located in Southern Germany.
Networking and contacting the important target key accounts in the German F&E market are in the focus. The position holder can build on already existing contacts in Germany, but also will extend the business by systematic active marketing and direct sales activities supported by the German/European structure, implementing sales, branding & marketing strategies in the region.
The position holder gives feedback on the market related issues to support product planning, pricing and budgeting for the German market.
Depending on success and managerial capabilities, the Account Manager has the chance to develop further the career on national or international level.
Key tasks in detail:
- Record and consolidate market data
- Analyze of the competitive products on internal data base by characteristics & functionalities to assess market competition
- Follow the demand versus supply situation and evolution in order to define the optimal sales plan in his area in line with group volume allocation strategy
- Gather the Business & Market Intelligence information, information relevant to a company’s market, sales shipment and purchases as to support decision making and determine strategy in areas such as market opportunity, market penetration strategy and market development
Develop and explore the market
- Negotiate volumes, prices, terms and conditions with existing and potential customers in the defined area / scope (within defined limits and escalate decisions when outside limits)
- Manage and retain existing customers: Responsible for cross-sell and new sales at existing accounts
- Identify business development opportunities for prospects in his/her area
- Have a good knowledge of his customer portfolio. Build excellent professional and personal relationships with customers
- Responsible for satisfaction and retention of customers (through regular contacts with customer service, supply chain and quality)
- Participate and be proactive in internal communication and marketing discussion, on the defined scope
- Implement commercial strategy and policy of the company
- Actively support the sales team development (best practice sharing, product knowledge sharing …)
- Analyze and optimize sales on the defined area/scope
- Create and follow the administrative management of sales contracts
- Responsible for the reporting, sales forecast and trends, customer creation, prospection data on his/her area, contract’s conditions and prices
- Follow up the customer forecast with Sales Forecast Manager and ensures alignment with volume allocation strategy
- Make customer visits and report to his / her manager
- Maintain CRM information up to date for his accounts and markets (account plan, visit reports, market data …)
- Achieve sales targets for his/her customer portfolio
- Support the development of technical projects for his account in collaboration with technical assistance and R&D teams (“reformulation”, substitution)
The candidate brings along a relevant study in Food Technology and/or business administration/marketing; important is relevant experience and success in sales and B2B marketing in food supply. Experience from sugar&starch business would be an asset. The successful candidate has good and proven business acumen. The future position-holder has a very good understanding of the market and relevant decision makers in food and beverage business and brings along active sales ambitions. Important also is technical knowledge in feed ingredients and distribution as well as corrugating expertise. The candidate is computer literate and fluent in German and English.
The incumbent is a good communicator and has no problem to contact people on decision maker level on a high frequency. The position holder is used to perform sales activities offering quality solutions on commercial and technical levels.
The successful candidate is able to work independently, but is able to report efficient. The future position holder is responsible and goal-oriented, with entrepreneurial thinking and handling. The strong communicator is able to work self-dependent but also in a team, with passion for quality – also under stress and high workload.
We need a strategically thinking and operationally acting sales person, who is energetic, dynamic, highly initiative and passionate.
The incumbent is open to travel at least 50% of working time.
The special thing about this job
For further information, please contact Gerhard Stähler (Tel. +49-(0)6174-9619-300), or send your application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Stefanie Stähler, Stefanie.Staehler@Talentor.com, will contact you promptly.