Manager Sales & Business Development D-A-CH - Smart Street Lighting Solutions (m/f/d)
(Jn 98464) / City of occupation: Region Köln/Düsseldorf
Headquarted in Liège, the company develops smart street lighting solutions based on high-tech controllers to power street lighting only in presence of road users. Their public lighting network is becoming the driving force behind Smart City networks.
The company has started business in Germany and in addition wants to penetrate the Austrian and Swiss market. As the new jobholder, in a “Pioneer-Position”, you will develop distribution partners and present smart lighting solutions directly to relevant authorities in the public sector focusing on the D-A-CH - region.
Your future role
In addition, you maintain and enrich relationships with other staff on international base with a view to enhancing the success of the entire sales function. You are in charge of the design, development, coordination and execution of a sales business plan, to target clients in the German and later on also Austrian and Swiss market. You elaborate sales plans and marketing strategies, deliver pre- and post-sales support, build and foster relationships with key individuals to develop, expand and maximize the sales of the company’s smart lighting products in the relevant market.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Execute and prepare an annual territory business plan, using available analytical tools to reach maximum sales and market penetration
- Evaluate prospective customers and qualify, support and motivate distribution partners
- Coordinate and drive marketing campaigns, media exposure, fairs and events that educate the market and generate sales opportunities
- Manage key accounts as it relates to developing and maintaining relationships with all key stakeholders, make sure that business and sales strategies are defined and executed, establish specific, measurable, financial and non-financial outcomes
- Ensure that the company’s service value proposition is presented to and understood by customers to secure new and/or recurring business Manage leads and opportunities and provide the company with relevant market information, prospective customers, competitive activity, etc.
- Response to call for tender and deal closing
- Minimum 5+ years of sales/business development experience in relevant field, preferably in lighting solution sales
- A degree acquired in Business Administration, Lighting Engineering or comparable education
- Good existing contacts and relationship with Dealerships, Public Sector, Architects, Project Developers and installers/integrator companies
- Excellent sales and networking skills and experience, preferably acquired in the public sector
- Self-driven with the mind of a business entrepreneur
- Stable employment history
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to speak, read, and write in local language and English
- Unrestricted driver's license
- Computer literacy
- Established record of delivering sales goals and quotas
- Established rapport, positive working relationships
- A team player with all internal and external partners
- A confident, positive, creative and pro-active individual
- A true sales hunter – with long term orientation
The special thing about this job
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development in a green tech company
- A position with a high degree of autonomy and with interesting future career perspectives within an internationally oriented fast growing start-up
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities and an attractive salary package including a stock options plan
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Maxi-Ann Schilling, Maxi-Ann.Schilling@Talentor.com, will contact you promptly.