Senior Automation Controls Engineer - Factory Automation Automotive (m/f)
(Jn 94486) / City of occupation: The position is based in the Group's German Sales Headquarter near Dusseldorf or in a home office in a region with easy access to an Airport
As a major growth initiative, the companies’ senior leadership has made a commitment to globally invest in and grow their Factory Automation business. Their strategy for growth is based on an open-protocol and agnostic approach. Our client is designing and producing Factory Automation products that are complimentary and fully integratable with FA products produced by all PLC manufactures including Rockwell (Allen Bradley), Siemens, Omron etc..
As a major component of this strategy, the company is launching a great number of new products over the next years. This initiative should allow the company to compete and win FA business across multiple sectors spanning Automotive, Tier1&/2, Durable Goods, Packaging, Machine Tools etc..
Our client has a unique and decentralized culture where individual business divisions and their senior teams are empowered to create and drive strategy, not just implement initiatives disseminating from HQ. We are now looking for a Sr. Automation Controls Engineer (m/f) who in a newly created role will play a critical role in helping our client’s customers successfully integrate their FA products while bringing a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and requirements back into the product planning and development process.
Your future role
Through his/her deep understanding developed of End User’s and Machine Builder’s use of relevant FA products, the Senior Automation Controls Engineer - FA will provide support and guidance to our client’s New Product Development process to tweak and modify existing products where necessary. The new position holder will act as an interface between R&D-, manufacturing- and sales organizations within our client and liaise in a supporting/business development role with customers in the automotive branch, starting with TIER1/2 customers. He/she will influence the development of new products and features that more accurately reflect customer’s most sought-after needs and requirements and that utilize new & current controls and industrial network technologies. The Senior Automation Controls Engineer will provide support to companies’ sales and marketing teams in their identification of new opportunities. He/she will work with companies’ business development team to determine how the companies' FA capabilities can be leveraged into additional markets, interface with appropriate divisional personnel and coordinate global activities with similar roles in Europe and Asia within our client’s automotive markets team.
The Senior Automation Controls Engineer will focus on the pre, post, and near term specification/design efforts of Industrial Network systems along with Safety and other controls to establish required technical capabilities for Factory Automation markets with an emphasis on the Automotive Machine Builder and End User markets.
By focusing on potential new business and controls technologies, the Senior Automation Controls Engineer ‘s input and guidance will assist the company in meeting and exceeding its growth objectives along with driving new product development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Participates in trade associations to learn new technologies and conducts competitive benchmarking.
- Supports field sales and distributors as required to maintain company's premier customer service position.
- Assists Territory and Regional Managers in adapting current and new products to customer need and satisfaction.
- Provides technical expertise on product to close on final sale or specification and assist with installation or commissioning.
- Assists design and manufacturing in the development of new and/or revised products according to customer requirements.
- Provides timely reports summarizing findings on a given product, project or territory.
- Performs technical product training for customers and sellers, when necessary.
- Keeps management aware of market/industry changes that would affect the companies’ products.
- Investigates market needs for innovative products and communicates them to engineering for product development.
- Develops and maintains technical customer relationships to gain knowledge of future market and customer
- Research and document new technologies, which may assist in growth of the company.
- Assist the divisions in planning strategy to provide the products and service required for their assigned accounts. Actively support cross divisional and group product with proper referrals.
- Degree in technical/engineering discipline with electrical/controls expertise required
- Minimum 10 years of automotive related technical experience in automation
- Technical competence in controls, PLCs, and plant floor networks
- Technical competence in AB-Rockwell or Siemens programming
- Ability to configure and commission network devices
- Program management experience from business model development through design and implementation processes
- Fluent in English and German language
- Ability to develop solutions to customer problems and translate the solutions into business development strategies and products
- Premier customer service mentality
- Able to interface easily with factory floor, engineering and sales personnel
- Systemic problem solver, the go to person for solving problems, technologies, and technical expertise.
- The successful candidate is a good communicator and able to motivate and inspire people in different cultures and on different level.
- Based on strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills the Senior Automation Controls Engineer – Factory Automation Automotive creates a positive work-environment, builds a strong project network and helps to develop the organization further.
- A strong leader with a hands-on, “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills to lead and develop project-teams.
- Openness to domestic and international travel
The special thing about this job
For further information, please contact our consultant Gerhard Stähler:
tel. +49-(0)6174-9619-300; mobile +49-(0)171 58 77032, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Stefanie Stähler, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.