Senior Linux System Engineer
(Jn 92091) / City of occupation: Bucharest
Your future role
Our client is currently seeking a full time Senior Linux System Engineer to join their team! Come and talk to us for an exciting opportunity at our client in Bucharest with close collaboration with your colleagues in Amsterdam, NL. The Technical Operations team maintains a broad set of (international-) PaaS, SaaS and on premise environments. As our client`s business is growing rapidly we need to keep our infrastructure up to par with this growth. Availability, Security, Performance and Flexibility are the KPI’s for our infrastructures.
- 5+ years proven experience maintaining (Ubuntu-) Linux environments.
- 2+ years’ experience setting up and running (network-)infrastructures within cloud environments.
- 2+ years’ experience managing, optimizing and securing MySQL and mongoDB databases.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Node.js, Bash), at least on reading, understanding & debugging level.
- Good experience with automated deployment and configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, combined with CouchDB.
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo) or the ability to learn it swiftly.
- A clear interest and experience in mobile technologies and devices.
- Eager to get to know our platform inside out
- Willing to adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Thrives in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Absolute can-do attitude
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of our product(s).
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English mandatory, Dutch is a plus)
- Maintain the our client`s Global Hosting platform infrastructures on a daily base with the above mentioned KPI’s close in mind.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of security policies and enable flexibility within the development and deployment processes.
- 2nd level support for the Customer Service team & clients when needed.
- Support the development and project management teams with regards to implementation of different environments
- Assess and advise on pre-sales processes regarding infrastructural or security related topics
- Support security related research and/or assessment processes
- Show flexibility towards working schedule.
The special thing about this job
- Be a key person within the company, working close with the development, project management and design teams.
- Challenging projects, large (international) customers, ideal for learning & implementing the latest technologies.
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfill your ambitions & to evolve initiatives
- A very motivated and fun team of international colleagues
- Be part of the our client`s group, which hosts several very innovative and cutting-edge technology initiatives.
- Availability of periodical travel in Netherlands for collaboration and training.
- A competitive salary package, which will grow with your career
- Our client will help you thrive in your field of expertise. They offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and job requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. Our client offers challenging, practical, hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. They operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. They have emploied over 900 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Andrei Stefan, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.