BU Materials Procurement Manager – Pneumatic Division EMEA (m/f)
(Jn 88445) / City of occupation: Baden-Wurttemberg - Stuttgart area
The Pneumatic Division EMEA is part of the newly established Motion Systems Group EMEA and employs app. 400 people. The BU consists of 3 facilities (Germany, The Netherlands and Czech Republic). The Division Headquarters during a group wide reorganization has been moved from UK to Germany (Stuttgart area). The new position holder will report directly to the BU Operations/Supply Chain Manager, based in the same location.
The BU Materials Procurement Manager in cooperation with the BU OPS Manager will be driver in optimizing the performance and result of the BU procurement activities. The Division is well prepared for future growth, serving international clients in a broad field of pneumatic applications (factory automation, machinery, automotive, train etc.)
Your future role
The BU Materials Procurement Manager with optimized planning of material flow will secure an economically highly efficient production of products and components as well as optimization of the manufacturing processes, taking into account the costs and all given conditions. This mainly includes management of all BU procurement activities in compliance with lean activities and measures to optimize the material flow as well as reducing costs, lead times and stock.
- Drive engagement of team, promote & enforce safety in the workplace
- Results-oriented, metrics guided planning, management of material flow on daily basis in coordination with stakeholders
- Manage all Business Unit procurement activities
- International sourcing focusing Europe and China
- Evaluate overall performance by analyzing data, metrics, develop plans & implement to increase efficiency and reduce material shortages, stock and costs
- Active control and implementation of lean activities and measures to optimize the material flow as well as reducing costs, lead times, inventory etc.
- Implement Company Purchasing Policies
- Execute supplier performance reviews with team and manage supplier relationships in cooperation with quality and other relevant corporate structures
- Support product consolidation and product launch
- Support Division Supply Chain activities where needed
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Mechanical engineering
- Extensive experience in the field of Supply Chain/Procurement acquired in a large multinational company operating in a matrix environment
- The incumbent has acquired his experience in comparable industry, preferably in automotive supplier business
- Leadership experience and strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience of effective lean implementation and continuous improvement
- Analytical skills and business knowledge
- Assertiveness and strength of implementation, results driven
- Fluent in German and in English
The successful candidate is a good communicator and able to motivate and inspire people on different level.
Based on strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills the BU Materials Procurement Manager creates a positive work-environment and helps to develop the organization further.
He/she is a strong leader with a hands on, “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills to lead, manage and develop a heterogeneous team.
The special thing about this job
For further information, please contact Gerhard Stähler (+49-(0)6174-9619-300), or send your application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Lena Guth, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.