Division Financial Controller - Pneumatic Division EMEA (m/f)
(Jn 86197) / City of occupation: Baden Wurttemberg - Stuttgart area
The Pneumatic Division EMEA is part of the newly established Motion Systems Group EMEA and employs app. 400 people in 4 production facilities (Germany, France, The Netherlands and Czech Republic). The Division Headquarters during a group wide reorganization has been moved from UK to Germany. The new position holder will report directly to the Division General Manager – Pneumatic Division EMEA.
The Division Financial Controller in cooperation with the General Manager and his/her Peers in Engineering, OPS, Marketing, HR and the BU Managers for Controls (Valves) and Actuators will be driver in optimizing the performance and result of the division under Group’s global strategy & direction and support. The Division is well prepared for future growth, serving international clients in a broad field of pneumatic applications (factory automation, machinery, automotive, train etc.)
The Division Financial Controller will be based in Baden Wurttemberg – Stuttgart area.
Your future role
The Division Financial Controller will have to provide leadership in safeguarding and ethically accounting all assets in accordance with US GAAP/Sarbox accounting principles, with a Controller’s perspective (operational Accounting is centralized). As a key member of the Division Management team, the Controller in close cooperation with the General Manager acts as a business partner to ensure the achievement of Division, Group and Corporate goals.
He/She guides and motivates the Finance team on Business Unit level, having three direct reports.
- Ensure, e.g. by reviewing on monthly/quarterly basis, that the Divisions finance and accounting system conforms to US-GAAP, local statutory requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley and all Corporate policies.
- Contribute to the development of financial strategies for the division that align with the organization's overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives.
- Evaluate findings, prepare reports and make recommendations to general and group management about the financial implications of proposed investments and transactions.
- Establish and maintain positive, ongoing relationships with the external financial community.
- Protect assets and provides meaningful, timely and accurate reporting of Location and Division operations.
- Manage the most complex, large or difficult analysis projects.
- Lead, evaluate, and develop a team of financial professionals to ensure financial planning, analysis and reporting tasks and projects are conducted credibly and that recommendations and reports are accurate and timely and guarantee a reliable risk management.
Key Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- Accounting/Finance degree required combined with a minimum of 4 to 5 years in a comparable Financial Controller role acquired in a large, multinational matrix organization of a similar size.
- An MBA or an equivalent business management degree would be a plus.
- Strong management & leadership skills.
- Sound demonstrable knowledge of management and cost accounting
- Knowledge of US-GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Computer literate with knowledge of ERP-Systems
- Excellent communication skills in both English & German.
- The future position holder is open to international travel (25 % of the working time).
The successful candidate is a good communicator and able to motivate and inspire people in different cultures and on different level. He/she is goal orientated, result driven and knows how to reach strategic targets.
Based on strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills the Division Financial Controller create a positive work-environment and help to develop the organization further.
You should have a dynamic personality with strong leadership and communication skills. You are well organized and you show self-initiative.
The special thing about this job
We are offering an international challenging position in a worldwide acting highly profitable industrial group. You will act with a high visibility and a great potential to develop your future career.
For further information, please contact
Gerhard Stähler (Tel. +49-(0)6174-9619-300), or send your application documents to:
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Stefanie Stähler, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.