Division Supply Chain Manager - Pneumatic Division EMEA (m/f)
(Jn 86193) / City of occupation: Baden Wurttemberg - Stuttgart area
The Pneumatic Division EMEA is part of the newly established Motion Systems Group EMEA and employs app. 400 people in 4 production facilities (Germany, France, The Netherlands and Czech Republic). The Division Headquarters during a group wide reorganization has been moved from UK to Germany (Stuttgart area). The new position holder will report directly to the Division General Manager – Pneumatic Division EMEA.
The Division Supply Chain Manager in cooperation with the General Manager and his/her Peers in Engineering, OPS, Marketing, HR and the BU Managers for Controls (Valves) and Actuators will be driver in optimizing the performance and result of the division under Group’s global strategy & direction and support. The Division is well prepared for future growth, serving international clients in a broad field of pneumatic applications (factory automation, machinery, automotive, train etc.)
The Division Supply Chain Manager will be based in Baden Wurttemberg – Stuttgart area.
Your future role
The position holder will support the ongoing change process in the Division and helps the Division and Business Units to successfully grow the business and profitability in the region. The Division Supply Chain Manager has direct responsibility for 4 Commodity Managers and the Business Unit/Plant Level SCM’s are reporting to him/her in a dotted line. In addition he/she in a dotted line will report to the SCM role on Group level.
The Division Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing the development and direction of the Supply Chain function to achieve and exceed key Supply Chain deliverables. This includes management of the complete materials management process including sourcing, supplier development, customer support, inventory management, production planning and logistics whilst embracing and driving a lean enterprise approach through the Division’s Supply Chain.
As a Process Owner the Division Supply Manager with functional expertise supports the Business Unit/Plant level, whereas the operative tasks for procurement are under the responsibility of BU – OPS/SC Management.
- Ensure the Supply Chain team operates within company and legal health & safety requirements and best practice in order to minimize the risk of accident or injury.
- Develop and implement Supply Chain strategy and policies relating to inventory management, purchasing, supplier development, transport and logistics to support the Group’s global strategy.
- Lead the supply chain transformation agenda covering production, supply and demand planning, customer service logistics (transport and warehousing) across a multi-channel network.
- Develop a customer led ethos in the Supply Chain teams so that an effective communication with stakeholders and activities are planned and controlled in order to support the key Divisional measures for DSI, LISC, Late Backlog, etc.
- Establish an effective model to manage capacity balance between local manufacture, 3rd party manufacture, raw material vendors and finished goods suppliers such that raw materials and finished goods are provisioned to meet customer demand in the most cost effective way and such that customer promise dates can be given reliably.
- Consolidate supplier base, find and develop new suppliers and improve related contract management
- Use Lean tools and techniques to improve effectiveness of supply chain processes from supplier through to finished goods. Implement Kanban/vendor driven management systems
- Responsible for the personal and talent development of the Supply Chain team along with future succession planning.
Key Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- A Degree in engineering or materials management
- Extensive experience in a similar role acquired in a large multinational company operating in a matrix environment.
- The incumbent has acquired his experience in comparable industry, preferably in automotive supplier business.
- A proven managerial track record in a successful Supply Chain leadership role demonstrating effective negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience of materials management, logistics and the use of MRP systems to predict, monitor and effectively manage a business.
- Previous experience of effective lean implementation and continuous improvement in the supply chain.
- Excellent communication skills in both English & German.
- The future position holder is open to international travel (25 % of the working time).
The successful candidate is a good communicator and able to motivate and inspire people in different cultures and on different level.
Based on strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills the Division Supply Chain Manager create a positive work-environment and help to develop the organization further.
You are a strong leader with a hands on, “can do” attitude with excellent interpersonal skills to lead, manage and develop a team.
The special thing about this job
For further information, please contact
Gerhard Stähler (Tel. +49-(0)6174-9619-300), or send your application documents to:
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Stefanie Stähler, firstname.lastname@example.org, will contact you promptly.