General Ledger Accountant
(Jn 53543) / City of occupation: Bucharest, Romania
Your future role
- Guarantee the quality, reliability and perform month-end, quarter-end, year-end account closing activities and reconciliations;
- Correct and timely booking of payments and expenses as well as of payment receipts and other income (outside of accounts receivables);
- Meeting the deadlines for reporting in SURF;
- Conduct required internal controls;
- Support filing of company annual accounts.
- He/she is the point of contact for any General Ledger issues / requests;
- Guarantee the preparation and updating the documentation of all General Ledger processes;
- Strong understanding of the systems used, how the dates are working and how the data are exported to the other systems;
- Active participation to process and efficiency improvement projects.
- Timely entry booking;
- Correct entry booking;
- Deep understanding of the bookings and performance of accounting analysis for accounts;
- Timely reporting upload and validation in SURF;
- Support filing of company annual accounts;
- Assist Chief Accountants in accounting queries and issues;
- The required service levels for General Ledger processes / issues / requests;
- Up-to-date and accessible documentation for the processes.
- Set up, update and reconcile recurring entries;
- Book and reconcile payroll;
- Book and reconcile accruals, perform analysis for accruals;
- Book and reconcile intercompany transactions;
- Manage fixed assets and booking of investment, divestment and depreciation/amortization/impairment;
- Book and verify other bookings;
- Bank payments, respectively Multicash processing and bank payments booking;
- Treasury –interest calculations for intercompany loans & reconciliation, respectively administration of cash pooling;
- Conduct required internal controls and contribute to maintenance of an effective internal control framework around General Ledger, closing and financial reporting activities ;
- Perform month-end account closing activities and reconciliations;
- Assist in filing annual accounts activities;
- Reporting in SURF and FiRe;
- The required service levels for General Ledger processes / issues /requests;
- Ensure that all SLAs formally agreed are fully respected;
- Ensure all requests (by all communication means including but not limiting to e-mail, phone, fax, letter) are received in a timely manner and response time is minimized;
- Ensure all requests are planned and handled properly;
- Update and make accessible documentation for the processes;
- Ensure, support and facilitate the development of processes and procedures.
- Professional skills
- Work experience min 3 years, from which bookkeeping min 2 years;
- Microsoft Office tool knowledge, Excel very good;
- SAP experience;
- Foreign languages knowledge: French min B1, English medium.
- Personal Skills
- Communication and relational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and curiosity.
- Autonomy and organization.
The special thing about this job
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Filis Culamet, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.