Application Engineer Robotics (m/f/d) – Warehouse Automation Solutions EMEA
(Jn 117440) / City of occupation: Preferably Frankfurt or Home Office / flexible with corresponding local activity
The company is growing extensively and gained already a broad customer base within a very short period of time. Our client has developed an agile, cost-effective fulfillment system, with collaborative mobile robots, which work with the warehouse workforce, not replace them. The system is very flexible and works well with existing warehouse infrastructure.
The company has started business in Europe with first reference projects/clients and now starts to build the technical backbone of the future EMEA-structure, preferably based in the Frankfurt area.
The candidate will report to an experienced Senior Systems Designer who for the start-up phase will be based in the representative office in Europe.
Your future role
The main responsibility is to handle intralogistics projects based on leading edge technology. In cooperation with Engineering and Project Management the position holder will make the customer successful in implementing revolutionarily self-driving robotic systems. In addition, the candidate maintains and enriches relationships with other staff on international base with a view to enhancing the success of the entire company.
The position holder is in charge of the design, development, coordination and execution of onsite application engineering projects in the European market.
- Deploy automation solutions including mobile robots, software and auxiliary hardware.
- Analyse and understand the customer warehouse-, fulfilment- and operational processes.
- Execute application engineering projects, using available planning and analytical tools to reach maximum results in quality, time and costs.
- Execute field repairs, retrofits and preventative maintenance.
- Work together with mechanical and electrical engineers on troubleshooting issues.
- Conduct on-site integration and test activities.
- Evaluate post go-live performance metrics.
For this challenging position, we are looking for a candidate with an excellent degree acquired in Engineering/IT or other relevant technical discipline and a strong technical affinity, ideally with first contacts to robotic solutions.
- Affinity working with electro-mechanical devices.
- At least basic mechanical and electrical repair skills.
- Familiar with linux, databases, xml and java would be a great plus.
- Experience with Robot Operating Systems and cloud based technology is also a plus.
- General understanding of network topologies such as VPNs, firewalls and routers.
- Ability to write tools/scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience recording logs and information on software bugs.
The international orientation of the company requires fluency in English and local language. The ability and willingness to international travel (50-75%) to customer sites has to be given.
The future Application Engineer is self-driven with the mind of a business pioneer. He enjoys working in a multinational team and serving clients on an international level.
The confident, positive, creative and proactive individual brings along analytical, technical and problem solving skills as well as organization-, time management skills and commercial understanding and what is most important, he is an excellent communicator.
The special thing about this job
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Lena Guth, Lena.Guth@Talentor.com, will contact you promptly.