Procurement Manager for hemp (Fiber Cannabis), PL Market
Organic hemp growing
(Jn 108703) / City of occupation: Poland
Our Client is the largest organic hemp grower in Europe and the largest hemp grower, processor, and trader in the Baltic countries. Recently the company has been acquired by the third largest global hemp grower and processor, a Canadian company.
The hemp legally grown in the European Union can be processed successfully into a number of raw materials and products intended for healthy nutrition, ecological construction, car industry, cosmetics and textiles or finished products. They include dried organic hemp seeds, organic peeled hemp seeds, organic hemp seed oil, organic hemp protein, organic hemp flour, as well as organic hemp seed cake.
As a quality company our Client has been controlling the cultivation of hemp seeds on farms and their way up to the processing workshop even for 2 years before the start of the processing.
Currently, following further development of their company they are expanding to Poland and therefore are looking to hire a professional and passionate candidate for the position of
Your future role
You preferably live in the central or north-eastern Poland and you will work from the home office.
Your role will be to perform strategic procurement activities by looking for potential suppliers (organic hemp growers) in Poland, searching for best deals and offering the growers all kind of support to turn them into successful hemp farmers.
- Effective organic hemp raw supply market analysis;
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies;
- Active search for new suppliers and communication with existing suppliers;
- Visit and develop good relationship with suppliers;
- Organize seminars and training for potential farmers;
- Obtain and maintain contracts with suppliers;
- Professional consultancy and support for farmers;
- Field visits and inspection;
- Organize harvesting works: formation of harvesting team, field work planning and control;
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- At least 2-3 years’ of progressive purchasing experience in crop raw materials;
- Higher education in agriculture field – would be a strong advantage;
- Skilled in networking and negotiation, with excellent communication skills;
- Proactive and able to work on her/his own, without a direct supervision;
- Fluent Polish, good English, Russian would be an advantage;
- Computer literate (MS Office);
- Able to work flexible schedule including weekends.
The special thing about this job
Our Client offers great opportunity to develop your professional career in the international environment in a growing company that offers innovative quality products.
- Competitive remuneration
- Attractive insurance benefits
- Paid time off
- Company car, laptop, mobile phone
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Ewa Tomczak, firstname.lastname@example.org, will contact you promptly.