Process Engineer International - Project Leader Production Process Optimization (m/w/d)
(Jn 106127) / City of occupation: The position holder will work from the Central Technical Services near Frankfurt/Main and/or from a home-office in Germany or Europe
The Group is headquartered in London with Center of Operations in Luxembourg, Central Technical Services near Frankfurt and employs around 11,000 people in over 40 countries worldwide.
The Group is part of a global, diversified holding company with interest in building materials, aggregates, and related investment businesses in public equities and real estate. With additional over 15,000 employees, the holding company owns operations in more than 80 countries.
The position holder in a senior role is part of the Central Technical Service Department, which supports 70 concrete – and 20 clay plants throughout mainly Europe and also Asia.
Your future role
The candidate is responsible for improving process performance and product quality by reducing process variability and implementing improvement projects, mainly in the field of thermodynamics. Process performance is improved by safer processes, better yield (lower waste), lower downtime and lower cost.
Moreover, the incumbent will be project leader for modifications in the production processes, including start-up of new processes and/or equipment with focus on reducing the energy-consumption in our Concrete- and Clay Tile production.
The tasks in detail:
- Provide production line support focusing on the machines, materials, methods and employees to improve product quality, process yield and equipment uptime
- Understand the manufacturing process and be able to relate finished product characteristics and defects to process changes
- Provide Energy/Mass Balances and propose improvement measures
- Lead the revision of existing operating procedures and the development of new procedures including process specifications, plant change notices (PCN’s), Job Safety Analyses (JSA), One Point Lessons, and other in-plant process and task documentation
- Lead the application, interpretation and utilization of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other process methodologies as a means to reduce process variability
- Assist with leading the development and execution of Quality and Process
- Drive best practice sharing within the Group's plants
- Coordinate Plant Trials with R&D and plant personnel. Ensure trials are accurately conducted and reported
- Lead or participate in process design reviews, raw material qualifications, product and process qualifications, and capability studies. Perform FMEA on all major process and raw material changes and on plant trials
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Process Engineering
- Min. 5 years demonstrated experience in an industrial manufacturing operation, with comparable processes
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of engineering fundamentals / Thermodynamics
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis/statistical process control (SPC), process capability studies, root cause analysis and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Good proficiency in other Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, ect.)
- Experience in concrete and/or clay roof tile industry is an advantage, but absolutely not a must
- Good demonstrated communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Very good English skills, good German skills an advantage, any other language an advantage
- Requires significant amount of travelling (40-60%)
The special thing about this job
- The opportunity to enter a sustainable development in an international top player in building materials.
- A position with a high degree of autonomy and with interesting future career perspectives.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities and a attractive salary package.
For further information, please contact our consultant
Gerhard Stähler, Phone: +49-(0)6174-9619-300, email@example.com
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Stefanie Stähler, Stefanie.Staehler@Talentor.com, will contact you promptly.