IT Operations Engineer
(Jn 104868) / City of occupation: Bucharest
We are Europe's leading internet specialist. To secure our continued success, we need enthusiastic people who want to help us shape the future of the internet. With 14.8 million customer contracts, our company is a global leader amongst web hosting providers and one of Europe’s leading Internet service providers, serving consumer, business and developer users. Our products range from web hosting and domains to the provision of dedicated and cloud servers, email and e-commerce packages. We have operations in the UK, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Poland, Italy, Mexico, Canada. We are present on the Romanian IT market since 2003.
Your future role
- Maintaining and supporting mission-critical high-performance infrastructures in the Data Centers, and working with other groups to ensure application availability, reliability and performance.
- Performance tuning improvement, balancing, usability, automation, code deployment
- Support, maintain and document infrastructure architecture and functionality
- Integrate new software versions with existing systems maintaining compliance standards
- Work with other departments in creating solutions that meet their IT requirements
- Responsible for 24×7 mission-critical application availability
- Monitor infrastructure as part of the department 24x7x365 coverage and investigate any issues that arise
- Is available to respond and handle after hour issues and be on call; position requires to participate to 24/7/365 on-call rotation in both primary on-call and incident command capacities
- Collect and review systems data for capacity and planning purposes
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Respect company internal set of rules, procedures, and policies
- Preferable Computer Science faculty or Mathematics and Informatics faculty.
- Experience as IT engineer working with Unix/Linux systems, databases (Mysql, Cassandra), hardware, scripting and web applications (Apache, Tomcat)
- Experience with installing, configuring, maintaining UNIX systems (different Linux flavors: Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat etc).
- Solid knowledge of the administration of web-applications like Apache, Tomcat and their integration with databases, preferably in high-availability environments
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols and -technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, DNS, routing, VLAN, IPVS.
- Experience in installing and configuring storage systems, backup systems, and clusters technologies.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.).
- Experience with tools like Git, GoCD.
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) technology.
The special thing about this job
If you find this position challenging, please submit your application online. Your consultant, Mihaela Ancu, email@example.com, will contact you promptly.