Hard Ware System Test Engineer
Placed in Stockholm you will play a key role in the Technology Development and Product Test Team
Your future role:Blueair’s core business is design and manufacturing of air purifiers, with products sold in 64 countries globally. The company was founded in 1996 and currently have 60 employees at the Head Quarter in the centre of Stockholm. Blueair also have offices in China, India, Hong Kong and the U.S., as well as filter production facilities in Kina.
As Blueair is expanding we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our technology development and product test team. The team work with technology development and testing of components, air purifiers, air quality sensors and our digitality solutions.
The Key Objectives for this position is to be responsible for performing technology-, product- and system-testing, as a tester and test lead in air purifier and air monitor product development projects. You will design tests, perform and evaluate and analyse tests of IoT products with motors, sensors as well as planning and performing performance tests of air purifiers.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Participate in and run technology projects to find solutions to improve our existing products, to provide leading solutions in our future products with new technologies and to mitigate technical risks prior to implementation in new products.
- Support concept and product projects to define system-, product- and technical- specifications and participate in concept development and technical reviews.
- Be a key member in product development projects as tester and or test lead.
- Component, product and system testing of air purifiers, air quality monitors, particle- and gas- filters and its components with focus on HW testing.
- Define verification methods to verify requirements. Perform, evaluate and analyse results.
- Verification according to reference standards and internal standards.
- Write test plans, define test structure, develop test cases and test configurations, define sequence and sample sizes and write test reports.
- Develop standard test procedures, design test rigs and define test equipment/facilities.
- Responsibility for equipment and maintenance, manuals, facilities and instruments of the HW lab and workshop.
- Developing and executing reliability tests and accelerated life test methods both for products and components.
Job requirements:Suitable candidates need to be curious, proactive, analytical, results oriented and have a keen interest in technology. You are interested in solving problems and have a great ability to reflect on the ongoing work. Furthermore, you are accurate by nature, and have a good ability to get things done. The role require collaboration with our development partners and may also require trips to the company’s suppliers, partners and factories. You need to be a team player as your assignments will be varied, ranging from more complicated to easier tasks, and you will cooperate with your team members, project leaders etc.
The following experience/knowledge is strongly meriting:
- Sensor application development and testing
- Temp, RH, gas and particle sensor testing
- DC motors, motor control
- Data analysis and statistics
- Define reliability requirements and reliability testing
- Component and product verification testing
- Shipping/handling and environmental extremes testing
- Regulatory compliance testing, safety testing
- Test and test standards
- Fans and air flows
A suitable academic background is a University degree or higher in electro- or electro mechanical- engineering. You have at least five years of work experience within the field.
You are fluent in English, both written and oral. As Blueair is a truly international company you don´t need to speak Swedish for this position. Swedish is however a merit.
This role is ideal for a person with a genuine technical interest who wants to develop professionally, within a friendly company.