Clean Air Laboratory Responsible and System Test Engineer - Blueair AB
Your future role:Blueair is an innovative company with headquarters in the centre of Stockholm whose core business is to design and manufacture air purifiers. The company was founded in 1996 and currently have 60 employees at the Head Quarter in the centre of Stockholm. Blueair also have offices in China, India, Hong Kong and the U.S., as well as filter production facilities in Kina and have products sold in 64 countries globally.
As Blueair is expanding and are currently looking for a practical laboratory system test engineer to specialize in performance testing of our products and working with air purification technology projects.
In this role, you will have the responsibility for our clean air lab facilities and collaborate with our labs in China and India as well as with external test labs. You will belong to our technology development and product testing department. The team work with technology development and testing of components, air purifiers, air quality sensors and our digitality solutions.
As a Laboratory System Test Engineer, you will be the go to person when it comes to qualification and performance tests of our current and future products.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Tests of airflow, pressure drop, noise, particle, virus, bacteria and gas removal
- As need you will adapt our equipment for the needs of new test procedures
- You will be responsible to see that we develop and follow test protocols and procedures and documentation of procedures and results
- You will be involved in designing and performing technology-, product- and system-tests and further development and adaptions of tests and test equipment
- May also require trips to the company’s partners and factories
- Responsibility for laboratory equipment, maintenance, facilities and instruments
- Responsibility for testing manuals and work instructions in the lab and documentation of testing procedures
- Test according to reference standards and internal standards
- Drive development of internal test standards, design of test rigs and define test equipment/facilities
- Test task management
- Plan test configurations, sequence and sample sizes
Support creation of test plans, test cases and test reports
Job requirements:You are curious, analytical and accurate by nature with the ability to get things done. You are comfortable working hands and have a drive to push things forward. Furthermore, you are a problem solver with the ability to reflect on the work that is being done, as it is important to evaluate the progress in order to advance. You will have contacts with team members, project leaders, factories, distributors and external labs. Since you will be working on a wide variety of assignments we would also like you to be a team player who is able to do whatever is necessary to reach the company goal.
The following experience/knowledge is strongly meriting:
- Air particles and gases
- Filter media, adsorption filters
- Data analysis and statistics
- Measuring equipment
- Test and test standards
- Motors, fans and air flows
- Technology development
- Laboratory work experience
- Filter industry experience
A suitable academic background is a Master degree or higher. Specialization in ventilation, filtering and material and/or chemistry is meriting. You have at least five years of work experience within the field.
You are fluent in English, both written and oral. As Blueair is a truly international company you don´t need to speak Swedish for this position. Swedish is however a merit.
This role is ideal for a person with a genuine technical interest who wants to develop professionally, within a friendly company.