Malware researcher / Software developer
A leading provider of proprietary IT security solutions for private and professional customers.
Your future role:Our client started its mission in 1986, driven by the vision of providing freedom to people using computers. 30 years later, our client tops the industry’s award lists and is trusted by 100M+ users around the globe to protect their digital lives across all their devices, non-stop.
You will learn from our best researchers how to analyze and reverse engineer suspicious files in order to distinguish the good from the bad. You will apply your knowledge to fix false positives in our malware detection routines as well as improving their malware coverage. The quality of your work matters, it has direct impact to millions of our users all over the world.
- You will analyze and reverse engineer Windows PE files and decide based on their code and behavior if they are clean or malicious. With this knowledge, you will adjust our generic detection routines to cover even more malware samples with less false positives at the same time.
- You will work with our backend- and database systems, containing hundreds of millions of entries of clean- as well as of malicious files coming from our customers. Those systems also contain real time events from all our endpoints – it is your job to hunt for false positives as well as for undetected malware files; create new detection routines and fix false positives. This ensures the best user experience for all our customers!
- You will develop and integrate automated systems to, e.g. performing unattended software installations within virtual environments; enhancing our unpacking engines; crawling various download portals for new data.
Job requirements:You have a degree in computer science, you are self-motivated and working in the IT Security field is your passion. All this combined with your knowledge about Windows PE files will lead you to outstanding results when it comes to reverse engineering and malware analysis. Your programming skills (e.g. Python, C, C++, etc.) will enable you to develop solutions with state of the art technology to build solutions to strengthen the quality of our detections.
Our client offers:
- passion for experimentation and smart failures. We fuel that with autonomy.
- arguments and prototypes instead of long chains of command. We flourish mastery.
- the ultimate desire to protect people in the connected world. That’s our purpose.
- established teams of aces in diverse fields of knowledge to call for help.
- a simply amazing office (spacious, in central location, BBQ terrace, top of the line espresso machine, massage chair and more)
- top notch work equipment (Apple MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro)
- great package, including free catered lunch, gym membership, private medical plan