Our client is well-known multi-national FMCG Company which has a turnover of approximately 1 Billion USD annually and the majority of the current senior management team is expatriates.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated professional to fill in the following position:
Regional Sales Manager
Driving the Company’s trade strategy and operational excellence
Location: Abuja, Nigaria
Your future role:In this role, you directly report to the Country Sales Manager. Your function is critical in developing and driving the Company’s trade strategy and operational excellence. The RSM is responsible for and manages, the Sales function giving key inputs in the areas of;
- Leading and supervision of the sales force to not only achieve but to surpass the set company sales targets;
- Market development;
- Directing the sales & marketing budget;
- Working closely with the company appointed distributors as well as effectively manage distribution network;
- Advising and providing management team with sales & marketing expertise for the overall performance;
- Overseeing all marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- Opening of emerging markets;
- Any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Country Sales Manager from time to time.
Job requirements:The successful candidate should have held a substantive sales and marketing position in a manufacturing and FMCG company and have the following minimum qualifications;
- A business degree in marketing or related discipline from a recognised institution
- Post graduate qualifications in sales and marketing from a recognised institution
- Solid financial management experience
- Proven expertise in the private sector, ideally in a manufacturing and/or FMCG
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in the beverage industry
- Should also have strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely self-motivated, coupled with a proven track record
- Proven track record of effective People Management and knowledge of how to coach others and develop skills.