Senior QA Automation Engineer
A leading provider of proprietary IT security solutions for private and professional customers
Your future role:As a member of an international team, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of security software for our client`s customers worldwide, which currently number around 100 million. Your duties will focus in ensuring the quality of our client`s software components (applications, libraries, system services) using modern software engineering methods and tests.
Our client`s challenges:
- As a multidisciplinary feature team member, you will work closely with software developers. You will ensure that technical specifications are correct and complete and you will assist in problem analysis when necessary. As the contact person to Automation, you will ensure that automatic tests have sufficient test coverage and you will carry out manual tests and reviews;
- Our client`s customers trust our global successful security solution, of which the software developed is a component, but also have high expectations. Utilizing your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to ensuring that our cient`s software always meets their high quality standards;
- You will be responsible for identifying various issues in our client`s software, creating testing scenarios and writing automatic tests for those scenarios;
- Utilizing test best-practices, you will report found issues through bug tracking system, effectively following up and communicating test results;
- You will also be responsible for improving the reliability, performance, range of functions and usability of our client`s software and for pointing out any weaknesses;
- You work in a highly independent manner, show initiative and are self-directed. You believe that positive co-operation and open communications both within a team and with other departments is of utmost importance;
- You are open to applying new concepts and technologies and are seeking to further develop both your professional and personal skills.
- Experience in quality assurance, test automation or software development;
- Knowledge of and experience in test methods and processes;
- Skilled in scripting (e.g. Bash/Batch, Python, Perl) development and debugging;
- Experience working with network protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, POP3, http, SSL/TLS);
- Knowledge of Unix/Windows system architecture;
- High expectations with regard to quality, both for yourself as a person and for our software;
- Analytical skills along with an interest in investigating problems;
- Good written and spoken English skills;
- Great sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Certification as an ISTQB Certified Tester or a similar certification, Microsoft certification (such as MCSE);
- Knowledge of Jenkins usage / configuration;
- Knowledge of Unix/Windows security, (i.e. firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-rootkit, network security);
- Experience with Agile processes;
- Interest in possibly also taking on project responsibility;
- Disciplined, friendly, capable of working in a team, with a desire for self improvement and continuous evolution.
Our client offers:
- Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth;
- Independent working in an international team;
- The opportunity to work and develop knowledge in a professional environment;
- Competitive rates of pay with additional perks;
- Continuous training.