Our client is a multinational player in the packaging and paper industry employing over 20,000 people worldwide. Within this international context the company is part of the packaging and paper value chain across the world. In north-west Russia, the company runs one of the largest paper mills in the world and a comprehensive programme of modernisation will bring the plant up to scratch. Are you a professional buyer with considerable experience in purchasing industrial goods on an international level who would like to take over a key role in an exciting project? We offer you a real creative challenge with a high management awareness and excellent career perspectives within the group after the conclusion of the project – either in Russia or in Vienna, Austria.
Senior Project Purchasing Manager CAPEX (f/m)
Career Opportunity with a Leading Multinational Packaging Group
Location: Northwestern Russia + Vienna, Austria
Your future role:Thanks to your professional and long-standing experience you will contribute considerably to reach project goals in terms of technical requirements, quality, deadlines and cost. You bring along a profound expertise in strategic and operative purchasing and a deep understanding for technological challenges. A constant exchange in the project team and with the various technical departments will also be of significant importance in your job. This means that you will spend at least 3-4 days per week in the plant and the remaining time in your home office if desired.
Responsibilities in detail:
- Analysis and monitoring of sourcing market for capital goods and technical services
- Define, implement and monitor the sourcing strategy in alignment and cooperation with the relevant Group Procurement priorities and needs
- Prepare, negotiate and execute contracts with global and regional suppliers, ensure that contracts are implemented and managed proactively
- Manage and develop the relationship towards supplier base and continuously improve the suppliers‘ performance (risk management, audits, supplier evaluation…)
- Continuously search for innovative solutions along the supply chain, to pro-actively increase service level and reduce costs (TCO approach) in collaboration with sales, marketing, plants and supplier
- Ensure “one voice to the supplier” (e.g. claim management)
- Continuously improve processes and tools to optimize the sourcing effectiveness of your projects in collaboration with the procurement excellence team
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in sourcing in an international environment with experience in capital goods and technical services sourcing ideally gathered in the fields of paper production, packaging or in an industry applying comparable manufacturing processes
- Ability and skill set to prepare, develop and execute the contracts for capital investment projects
- Results oriented personality: forward thinking, embracing new challenges, positive approach, pro-active
- Strong communicator and persuasive character who is able to win others for his ideas – fluent in Russian and English. Additional language skills are a benefit.
Our client offers:We offer an international and challenging position in a strong industrial group working on a worldwide level. You will get an attractive package and you will have the chance to grow into further career opportunities.
For further information, please contact Gerhard Stähler (Tel. +49-(0)6174-9619-300), or send your application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org