Location: Bucharest, Romania
Your future role:
To assist in delivering a best in class operational review process and a robust and cost effective internal control environment in the business. The role covers several European countries and therefore European travel throughout the year is a requirement.
- Carry out an assessment of the controls within the business and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide advice and guidance to Financial Directors and Process Owners in achieving efficient and effective Internal Controls
- Liaise with external auditors in order to facilitate improvement to the overall internal control environment.
- Understand the financial, operational and compliance risks and formulate recommendations, which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Assist the European Internal Control Manager in ensuring that appropriate controls and processes are in place to deliver and benchmark best practice levels across all entities
- Decisions regarding the scope of work performed, nature of testing, and the reporting disposition of results may be delegated to this position with oversight by the European Internal Control Manager.
- Ensure that all the Internal Control deliverables for the specified countries are populated into the Company's information system tool and into the ERM Europe google documents.
- Interact directly with various levels of management, including senior management, to address questions and queries related to the Internal Control process, as well as to particular key controls, on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to achieving the Internal Control Conformity Rate (ICCR%) targets, which are pre-agreed with the Company.
- Assist in acting as the control point of contact on all central business systems implementation, ensuring a robust control environment is in place to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Work along side the Centre Audit and Loss Prevention teams, where appropriate, to support systems implementation and ensure that the appropriate checks and balances are in place at Centre level.
- Build strong team relations with team members based in UK and France.
- Liaise with operational management in the European compliance teams to ensure that appropriate plans are in place, ensuring that matters are addressed and resolved where necessary.
- Share knowledge and experiences to assist with the learning of team members and colleagues.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing, so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
Ways of Working
- Promote and work to the Group’s culture through the Vision and Values.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the “Right First Time” philosophy.
- Deliver on individual and Group goals and objectives.
- Ensure full compliance to the Policies and Procedures of the Group.
- Fluency in French and English
- Qualified/Finalist accountant or auditor (CMIIA, CIMA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Significant exposure to financial information systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Extensive audit experience gained either in practice or commerce
- Availability for International travel