Junior Business Support Controller
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Your future role:Mission:
- Handle layout, entry, verification, control, quality and consistency of transactions and accounts within her remit.
- Ensure control and consistency of accounts falling within his/her remit
- Assist general accounting manager or company accounting cycle reviewer with Group accounting and other matters. Assists business entities, particularly Business Partner Controllers (BPCs), in their management assistance mission.
- He/she reports directly to the SLM.
- Prepare accounting journals to be uploaded in GL and perform all month end closing activities related to PA_FA in accordance with pre-established deadlines as well as Group and local rules. As part of month end closing activity, record different information in PA_FA module (information which is not automatically updated): hours per project, maintenance, travel expenses, other corrections etc.
- Ensure support to BPC for the preparation of the necessary documentation for the put in function of the PA investments; check that the documentation prepared is compliant with group policies; Perform the Put in function activities in Oracle.
- Prepare/provide different reports and information regarding the status of the investment project at different moments in time
- Create projects in Oracle
- Check and analyze accounts related to FA investments in accordance with accounting quality standards
- Make reconciliation of data between PA and GL modules
- Prepare documentation for write off/sale/ transfer of fixed assets; upload the approved documents in DART
- Provide support to plant for year - end count of fixed assets (different information from PA_FA module)
- Participate in preparing answers to questions from local tax authorities
- Propose in accordance with Group standards simplifications and improvements serving to optimize the processes she deals with, if case
- Perform self-assessments within her remit in accordance with internal controller's instructions and on schedule
- Provides information and documents to external and internal auditors
- At each audited closing, be capable of explaining all aggregates for which he/she is responsible and defending positions adopted (before general accounting manager and auditors)
- Assists with preparation of materials and presentations for the department manager
- Execute any other tasks requested by the manager in order to realize the short term objectives of the department
- Check and approve the requisitions for Fixed assets investments before purchase order to be approved; follow up of the investments’ budget, in order to ensure the approved amount for the project is not exceeded; check and approve in DART invoices on the project without purchase order
- Follow up on the Purchase orders related to PA investments (before the year - end)
- Economics educational background is a must
- Experience in finance would be an advantage
- English - at least conversational
- Spanish / German / French / Italian / Polish - one of them is mandatory